Lending Library Text List and Policies
The Hof is proud to maintain a library of printed and electronic media. Printed texts may be borrowed by members and electronic texts are available to all via the Internet.
To borrow a printed text, please contact the Librarian, Ana Schwenke, by emailing library [at] idhavellihof [dot] org.
- Hof Library books may only be loaned to Hof members.
- Borrowed texts will be due on either the 1st or 16th day of the month after they are borrowed, such that the lending period is between one and 1.5 months in length.
- Provided that no one else has requested a book, the borrower may renew the checkout an unlimited number of times.
- If a book has no waitlist and becomes overdue, late fees will begin to accrue one month after the due date.
- If a book has a waitlist, late fees begin to accrue immediately once it is past due.
- The Librarian has the authority to waive late fees if he believes the situation warrants it.
- A person who owes late fees must pay them before they may check out another book. Any late fees that have not been paid by the next Þing will be due at the Þing for the member to remain in good standing.
- If someone loses a book, they will be responsible for the expense of replacing it.
Note: We haven't yet set late fees (this will probably be done in early September), so please don't make us set them earlier because of you :-)